Sunday, May 15, 2011

How to Pray #1 - Deconstruction

Welcome! Brave aren't I? Well it has taken a long time to muster up the courage to tackle this area of prayer in the public domain. But after 40 odd years of being in the above boat (refer blog introduction) I can truly say I am standing on the land and the scenery is amazing! No longer tossed about in the sea of confusion, or languishing in a flat horizon of nothing but water, I am where Adam (and Eve) were designed to be - in charge of planet earth. Oooh, that sounds a bit dramatic, but it is entirely possible to actually feel optimistic to live in victory more often than defeat. Yay!
So if you don't mind, when I get a chance to blog away at this I will. Step one for us all is to be prepared to deconstruct. If prayer isn't working for you, or if your relationship with the Creator is a distant or haphazard one, keeping on doing the same thing will give the same results. What we need is HONESTY, TRUTH, REALITY, and being prepared to discard some views that may even seem 'right.' A lot of the stuff we inherit along the way, from well-meaning people, is ultimately unhelpful. Or sometimes we have just interpreted it wrong in the first place.
Are you ready to let go of what isn't working?
That's a GREAT start. In fact, it could be 75% of the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment